Foods To Avoid When You have Gastritis
Each person affected by gastritis will react to foods differently, so not all foods on the below list may apply to you. It is worth a shot, though, to try and limit or avoid these items, as you may experience improvements in your condition.
Generally speaking, spicy foods, high fat foods, chocolate, and seasonings irritate the stomach and often trigger the gastritis symptoms.
Here is a list of foods you should limit or avoid if you are living with gastritis.
3. Tea, both black and green
4. Spicy foods, including chili and curries
5. Black and red pepper
6. Fat foods, because they increase the acid in your stomach
All high-fat dairy products, except skim milk and low-fat cheese
7. Tomatoes, onions, and garlic
8. Tomato products (sauce, paste, canned, juice)
9. Oranges, grapefruit, figs, berries, and dried fruit
10. Junk food
11. Fried food
12. Cured sausages
14. Soda pops or any beverages with included sugar
15. Carbonated beverages, because they increase stomach acid
16. Citrus and pineapple juice