- Endoscopic ultrasound is a special scope where the ultrasound transducer is fitted at the tip of the endoscope.
- VGM advanced endoscopy unit has the latest Olympus ME 2 system with Radial EUS, Linear EUS and Mini probe.
- EUS can detect and stage early cancers of the digestive tract.
- It also helps in visualising chronic pancreatitis changes and cancers of bile duct and pancreatic duct.
- It helps to biopsy cancers and lymph nodes.
- The VGM team has been doing several EUS guided procedures successfully. Some examples: to drain pseudocyst of pancreas, palliative gall bladder drainage, EUS guided celiac plexus block, EUS guided coiling of fundal varices etc.