- 1. Capsule endoscopy enables us to visualise the entire digestive tract by the patient swallowing a capsule.
- 2. It contains a tiny camera, battery, light source and transmitter.
- 3. Patient undergoes bowel preparation prior to the procedure.
- 4. It passes along the digestive tract, transferring images to a data receiver carried by the patient.
- 5. VGM advanced endoscopy unit is the only centre in India to have the latest Pill cam colon 2 capsule. Real time visualisation is possible with latest Pill cam colon 2, even before the study is completed.
- 6. VGM is one of the two research centres in the whole world for Capsovision Capsocam, lateral viewing capsule, Saratoga, USA.
- 7. It helps in screening for digestive tract cancers in high risk families who require cancer screening.
- 8. It is painless and the patient can carry about with normal activities during the procedure.